NoMo Tears

NoMo Tears. The inner feelings expressed in an arena that is open to correction & critique. Not with-holding anything. We all are growing each and every day(or at least we should be). I decided a few years back that I wanted to help those who lacked guidance, support, sharing,love,inspiration,motivation,caring,and discipline. This gives me an outlet to work on these areas of concern and develop additional qualities. EACH ONE SHOULD TEACH ONE.

Monday, March 20, 2006

What's been going on...

Well, it's been a cool minute since I kept yall abreast of what's been going on. Last week, Mianojo and myself went camping with her school. Here she is, just as happy as can be. Well, just because she is well behaved and has manners, don't think for a minute that all the kids in her class know how to behave. One day, the teacher got sick, and then I was in charge. Oh boy. The little monsters tried to give me a run for my money. I handled them like the small soldiers in training they are. Everything was going well until the teacher recovered from her 24 hour virus. The noise returned, the disrespect returned, and they just did what they wanted to do. How is this allowed to happen? When I was in school, I nor any of my classmates had behavior problems like the ones that exist today. The kids are either labeled ADD or ADHD. They are on medication at the age of 10, they talk to their parents any type of way, and they think that everybody owes them something. Mind you, Mianojo attends a private school. Guess what, that does not mean a damn thing these days. Private schools appear to take the kids that have been put out of public schools, have severe behavior problems, and are just about the allmighty dollar $$$. This is the very reason why I believe that my organization, Nomo Tears Developmental Foundation, will do just what I set out to do. The foundation is geared towards at risk teens, who lack the educational and social skills to compete on a level playing field. The goal is to increase their self-awareness, scope of learning, and to make them marketable in today's society. I love working with the kids. I just thank the Lord that I only have one because the time, attention, and finances they require would send an average individual to the NUT HOUSE.